PN Admission Requirement
PN Admission Requirement
- Completed PN Application with $75.00 non-refundable application fee
- Active CNA Certification
- High School Diploma/GED or a minimum of 8 credit hours from an accredited U.S. College or University
- College transcripts for Anatomy & Physiology minimum 6-8 credit hours with a grade of “C” or better.
- All ATI-TEAS Entrance Examination must be taken at Verve College.We do not accept outside ATI-TEAS Exams scores of 45% or higher. A student is given a maximum of 3 attempts to pass the entrance exam. Each attempt is at a cost of $50 to the student and must be paid before the student is allowed to take the exam. A picture ID is required at the time of exam. If a student does not pass the ATI TEAS exam with a 45% or higher on the first attempt, the student must wait 5 days before a second attempt. In the event the student does not pass with a 45% or higher on the second attempt, the student must wait a period of 14 days before attempting the ATI-TEAS entrance exam again. $50 will be charged each time the student take the ATI-TEAS entrance exam.The TEAS Exam cannot be taken more than one year prior to the student’s enrollment. If you have taken the TEAS Exam more than one year ago, you must re-take the exam and pass again with a 45% or higher.
- Valid State-ID or Drivers License
- Background check & sanctions check (Student is given information on how to complete this requirement at time of registration)
- Clearance of 10 panel drug screening (Student is given information on how to complete this requirement at time of registration)
- Complete physical exam, signed by health care provider. Physicals are required annually and must not expire during the period of enrollment.
- Current TB/PPD test valid within 1 year of program start date
- Proof of Immunizations/Titers: MMRV, Hepatitis B, Tetanus – up to date
- Current personal medical insurance proof
- CPR/BLS card
- Personal Essay, 400-500 words typed and double spaced. Written submissions will not be allowed. Topics to include: Why I want to be an PN? What I plan to do with my Nursing Career?
- 2 professional letters of recommendation. No personal letters will be accepted.
- Proof of professional liability insurance obtained from www.nso.com
- Social Security Card
* A college transcript showing a minimum of 6-8 credit hours from an accredited college or university is only accepted for foreign students who have completed their high school outside of the U.S. and are unable to obtain record of their high school completion. In addition, for the college credits to meet the entrance requirement, the student must have received Financial Aid for the college credits submitted to Verve College.
Chicago: (312) 920-8822
Oak Brook: (630) 705-9999
IDFPR Nursing Info