- Oak Brook:(630) 705-9999
- Chicago:(312) 920-8822
- Make a Payment
Is a Nursing Career Right For You?Take The Free Quiz
Leave of Absence
Leave of Absence
Verve College requires students to provide a written, signed, and dated request for a leave of absence prior to the leave of absence. However, if unforeseen circumstances prevent the student from providing a prior written request, Verve College may grant the student’s request for a leave of absence, if Verve College documents its decision and collects the written request at a later date.
Students may request official leaves of absence subject to the following U.S. Department of Education limitations:
- No more than 180 combined days of leaves of absence are permitted in a twelve month period.
- The twelve month period referenced in these provisions starts on the first day of the first leave.
A Leave of Absence can only be requested for the following reasons:
- Medical/ Health.
- Personal Emergency
Any student wishing to take a leave of absence must submit a written request that includes:
- Reason for which the Leave of Absence is being requested.
- Anticipated date of return on the LOA form.
- Student signature
All LOA requests should be submitted to:
Office of Financial Aid
2625 Butterfield Rd., Suite 102E
Oak Brook IL 60523
Fax: (630) 705-1422
Verve College will not treat a Leave of Absence as a withdrawal if it is an approved leave of absence. A leave of absence is approved if:
- The student followed Verve College’s policy in requesting the Leave of Absence
- Verve College determines that there is a reasonable expectation that the student will return to the school
- Verve College approved the student’s request in accordance with Verve College’s policy
- The leave of absence does not involve additional charges by Verve College
- No more than 180 combined days of leaves of absence are permitted in a twelve month period
- Upon the student’s return from the leave of absence, the student is permitted to complete the coursework he or she began prior to the leave of absence
- Verve College will explain to the student, prior to granting the leave of absence, the effects that the student’s failure to return from a leave of absence may have on the student’s loan repayment terms, including the exhaustion of some or all of the student’s grace period.
If a student does not resume attendance on or before the end of a leave of absence, Verve College will treat the student as a withdrawal. The number of days in a leave of absence are counted beginning with the first day of the student’s initial leave of absence in a 12-month period. A “12-month period” begins on the first day of the student’s initial leave of absence. The student’s dropped date for refund calculation purposes will be the last date of attendance at the institution. If a student fails to return from an approved leave of absence, a portion or all of the student’s grace period associated with any federal student loans may be forfeited resulting in the obligation to immediately begin loan repayment.
The school reserves the right to cancel any student’s enrollment on the basis of misconduct, misbehavior and refusal to abide by the policy of the institute and retain the tuition fee for the percentage of the classes attended plus ten percent of tuition of the entire package and other instructional charges. If any exams are included in the package, upon cancellation there will be no monetary compensation or refund on exam fees, as they are included in the package as a part of incentive.