Federal Student Aid
The U.S. Department of Education’s office of Federal Student Aid provides grants, loans, and work -study opportunities to eligible students attending participating colleges or career schools. Federal Student Aid is the largest source of financial aid in the U.S. For further information and online application, visit https://www.studentaid.gov or call the Federal Student Aid Information Center toll-free: 1-800-4-FED-AID (1-800-433-3243. TTY for the hearing impaired 1-800-730-8913.
- Federal Direct Loans
Federal Direct Loans are loans through the Department of Education and they require the student to complete a Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Federal Direct Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans
Federal Direct Subsidized loans are only offered to undergraduate students. Federal Direct Unsubsidized loans are fixed interest rate loans offered to undergraduate, graduate, and professional students enrolled half -time or higher.
This fixed interest rate, credit-based loan can be applied for by parents of dependent undergraduate students enrolled half-time or more.
- Federal Pell Grant
A Federal Pell Grantunlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Federal Pell Grants usually are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor’s or a professional degree. (In s ome cases, however, a student enrolled in a post baccalaureate teacher certification program might receive a Federal Pell Grant.) You are not eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant if you are incarcerated in a federal or state penal institution or are subject to an involuntary civil commitment upon completion of a period of incarceration for a forcible or nonforcible sexual offense.
Sallie Mae / Navient
Sallie Mae offers education loan options for undergraduate,graduate students,professional students, and families with children in private K-12 schools.Sallie Mae loans are designed to help bridge the gap between personal resources and financial aid.Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan ® helps students graduate with less debt, offers repayment choices,and rewards on-time payment habits.All private loans require credit checks and most loans will require a cosigner if the borrower has little or no credit history.For more information,please visit https://www.salliemae.com/ or call Sallie at 1-877-27-7172.
Additional Grants/ Scholarships
Verve College accepts the following Grants:
- WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) – part of this legislation provides funding for individuals to train for a new occupation. Students approved for WIA retraining money can utilize the funding at approved school for WIOA certified programs. Verve College accepts WIOA but does not determine if you qualify for WIOA training funds. To find out about your eligibility, please contact your local Illinois work Net center. You can find a location near you at https://www2.illinoisworknet.com/Connect/Pages/LocationSearch.aspx.
- G.I. Bill- The G.I. Bill provides a range of benefits to service members, veterans, and their dependents. There are many benefits for the advancement of education and skills. For additional information regarding the G.I. Bill and eligibility, please visit https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill/index.asp
- CEDA- CEDA through their Community Services Block Grant offers scholarships for post-secondary education at accredited institutions of higher education or vocational training in the state of Illinois. For more information, please visit https://www.cedaorg.net/www2/CDS.html.
- IDPH Scholarship The goal of the Nursing Education Scholarship Program is to increase the number of nursesavailable for employment in Illinois by offering scholarships to overcome financial barriers to education. The program provides financial assistance to qualified individuals pursuing anassociate degree in nursing, an associate degree in applied sciences in nursing, a hospital based diploma in nursing, a baccalaureate degree in nursing, a graduate degree in nursing or a certificate in practical nursing. To get more information regarding the IDPH scholarship please visit https://www.idph.state.il.us/about/rural_health/rural_NESP_more_details.htm