- Oak Brook:(630) 705-9999
- Chicago:(312) 920-8822
- Make a Payment
Is a Nursing Career Right For You?Take The Free Quiz
CNA Admission Requirement
CNA Admission Requirement
We are glad you are looking into taking the next steps to become a certified nursing assistant (CNA) and launching your medical career. Before you can enroll in the Verve College CNA program, you must meet the following requirements.
1. High School Diploma/GED or a minimum of 8 credit hours from an accredited U.S. College or University
2. Drug Testing: Students are required to undergo a 10-panel drug screen prior to the start of class. This drug screen is mandatory and the $40 fee is the student’s responsibility. Students must undergo drug testing through Verve College’s authorized testing site (www.certifiedbackground.com or 1-888-723-4263 x7142).
3. Students must submit health requirements to the Verve College Office before the start of class, regardless of the registration date. Students who do not have a health clearance will not be permitted to participate in clinicals. Below are the health requirements needed before a student will be allowed to attend clinical sections of the program:
A. Complete a physical exam, signed by a healthcare provider. Physicals are required annually and must not expire during the period of enrollment.
B. Immunization Records must include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Measles (Rubeola)
- German Measles (Rubella)
- Chicken Pox (Varicella)
Students who do not have the appropriate immunization records must obtain required immunizations prior to the start of the class.
C. Hepatitis B – Immunization is required
- Either dates of series immunization or a positive titer test.
- Positive titer – titer is recommended one to two months after receiving the complete series.
D. TB Testing – A two-step Mantoux per Illinois Department of Public Health
- Must be given and documented by a healthcare provider
- First test is to be “read” and documented between 48 hours to 7 days after the test was initiated.
- Second test is to be done 7-21 days after the first and should be “read” 48 to 72 hours after the second test was administered.
- If a TB skin test is positive, or is known to be positive by the student, a chest x-ray will need to be completed and referred to a healthcare provider.
The above must be completed before the student will be allowed to attend the clinical portion of the program. Students will be held to the missed clinical policy.
It is the responsibility of the student to bring all health-related information as stated above to the Verve College campus before the start of class.
4. Students must have a BACKGROUND CHECK performed. These checks are performed through SIUC and are included in the cost of the tuition.
5. Social Security Card
Oak Brook:(630) 705-9999